Re: [ba-ohs-talk] DKR Progress, backlink database data

At 08:39 AM 12/9/2001 -0800, Eugene wrote:
>I would define "context" as "stuff that gives other stuff meaning."  In
>this sense, knowledge management is all about context management.  And in
>this sense, links are, by definition, something that give context to data.
>So, link management itself is a subset of context management.    (01)

Links are kinds of associations, and associations, themselves, require
context.  This strikes me as a great substrate for an IBIS-like discussion
right here in email-city.    (02)

Question: what is a link?
Question: what is context?
Question: when do links define context?
Question: when do links need context?    (03)

Jack    (04)