RE: [ba-ohs-talk] backlink database data

Eugene,    (01)

The "original message" line below is supplied by the quoting mechanism in my
email client. I expect that there won't be large numbers of those, so they
will get handled early.    (02)

The harder quoting mechanisms are done by people rather than programs.    (03)

I could have interspersed my comments into the quoted text, for example.
Word (my email editor) would show them as visually distinct by color, but
unless I have some setting which tags my comments with my name there is no
way to tell when the email is sent as text.    (04)

With the quoting mechanisms used by most browsers, much of what
Text::Autoformat tries to do will handle it.    (05)

Given the Pareto (80-20) Rule, stop adding special cases when no one case
shows up often enough to matter. Since we are a small group rather than the
entire web, we can modify behavior to fit what makes sense. (See my earlier
post on evolving rules through use).    (06)

Thanks,    (07)

Garold (Gary) L. Johnson    (08)