Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Introductions

Tom Bradford wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Just making it known that, upon being invited by Murray Altheim, I have
> decided to join the lists, and plan to participate (to some degree) in
> any OHS-related discussions and development.
>
> For those who don't know me, I'm the creator of Apache Xindice.  Xindice
> was formerly known as dbXML, and is a native XML database implemented in
> Java and distributed under the Apache license.
>
> I am also very interested in knowledge management, and was in the very
> *very* early stages of developing a distributed knowledge data store
> called MetaGlom, before I found out that the goals of the OHS project
> were very similar to my own.
>
> You can find more information about Xindice at http://xml.apache.org,
> and more information about MetaGlom at http://www.metaglom.com.
>
> I look forward to working with you.    (01)

Just wanted to say that we here at Sun have been very impressed with
Xindice and happy to be using it in our UDDI repository project, which
should be released early this spring as part of our "Web Services Pack."
I will also be using it in my Ph.D. project as the data store for topic
map-based ontologies as well as the research contents they map.    (02)

Tom has been very generous in his assistance during our crunch periods,
and when I looked over his own home page at http://www.tbradford.org/
I realized that the OHS project would benefit from his participation
-- as he mentioned we have a lot of common goals. I've also put him in
touch with Lee, since Xindice and NODAL have some interesting overlaps.    (03)

Welcome!    (04)

Murray    (05)

Murray Altheim, Staff Engineer          <mailto:murray.altheim&#64;sun.com>
Java and XML Software
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025    (06)

       Ernst Martin comments in 1949, "A certain degree of noise in
       writing is required for confidence. Without such noise, the
       writer would not know whether the type was actually printing
       or not, so he would lose control."    (07)