Re: [ba-ohs-talk] bootstrap list message content & purple numbers

On 17 Dec 2001, Lee Iverson wrote:    (01)

> My answer would therefore suggest that the purple numbers should appear
> as document-specific (and thus view-specific forms) but that they should
> usually resolve to a source URL.  Thus the visible purple number should
> be unique to the news page, but reference the original source document
> via a more complete URL. How this would appear iconically may be a bit
> interesting...  We've already got two potential purple numbers in the
> node ID and structural ID.  I'd suggest a third, optional tag which
> holds a reference to the "transcluded" source.  So, pulling a reference
> from a purple number creates a context-dependent URL, but if that object
> is itself a transclusion, we have its reference too.  Working out the
> HTML expression of this in anchor nodes might be a bit interesting...    (02)

I think this is the approach I'll take.  The "purple numbers" of
transcluded nodes will look different -- different color, different font,
an icon, whatever.  The HTML expression will probably include the document
containing the original context for that node.  This changes the meaning
of "nid" in my implementation somewhat, from "node ID" to "node ID on this
page."  But that's my problem, not anyone else's. :-)    (03)

-Eugene    (04)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |