Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Fwd: XML.com: Introduction to DAML

Can any of the geniuses out there tell me if I've understood how this works
correctly?    (01)

<Class rdf:ID="Thing">
  <rdfs:label>Thing</rdfs:label>
  <rdfs:comment>
    The most general (object) class in DAML.
    This is equal to the union of any class and its complement.
  </rdfs:comment>
  <unionOf rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
    <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Nothing"/>
    <rdfs:Class>
      <complementOf rdf:resource="#Nothing"/>
    </rdfs:Class>
  </unionOf>
</Class>    (02)

<Class rdf:ID="Nothing">
  <rdfs:label>Nothing</rdfs:label>
  <rdfs:comment>the class with no things in it.</rdfs:comment>
  <complementOf rdf:resource="#Thing"/>
</Class>    (03)

It's from the daml+oil.daml spec.
Is this just forcing the idea that the Thing Class includes the Nothing
Class but not vice versa? Not that that makes any real sense, it just stops
the computer frying it's switches(?).    (04)

Also, why isn't there more XLink in DAML+OIL (and RDFS for that matter )?
It strikes me that XLink complex links would be ideal where you are
asserting multiple property equivalences. Or one might go further...    (05)

--
Peter    (06)