Re: Warning! - Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Art and Culture

	     The site came up and worked great for me.    (01)

	     It is a very interesting discussion.    (02)

	     But then again, I keep javascript and java turned off
	     on my machines unless I really have to have them
	     for a page.    (03)

"Peter Jones" <ppj@concept67.fsnet.co.uk> writes:    (04)

 % Hmm. I tried that first link and it opened a zillion mini windows for an
 % advert to a pr0n site for me, swamping my line etc.
 % Anyone else have the same problem?
 % The only way I could kill it was to disconnect - fast.
 % There's nothing in the email source, so it must have been either coming from
 % the kottke site or someone riding the
 % packets of the response.
 % Unpleasant. Looked like an attack.
 % In any case, either kottke.org is (screwy or) compromised, or my ISP, or
 % some box in between.
 %
 % As far as I can tell it didn't leave any traces on my machine. I shut it
 % down pretty fast.
 %
 % If this mail blows up anyone's comp I expressly deny any liability.
 %
 % --
 % Peter
 %