[ba-ohs-talk] Art, Culture Enable a Culture of Knowledge

Henry,     (01)

Thanks for drawing attention to an error in my letter on 020209, which said that
"...intelligence does guarantee success,"  since this was intended to say that
"intelligence does not guarantee success," but merely increases the chances of
success, since, as you know, variables that impact life exceed the capacity of
any one faculty from guaranteeing anything, under the general rule there are no
guarantees in human enterprise.    (02)

I was a little surprised there is not more support from this venue to report
experience showing Alex's objective to manage subjects that arise in daily life,
sometimes described as "ontology," is supported by SDS, which you observed on
001105....    (03)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/11/05/140021.HTM#WG6F    (04)

...and that no other system does this, as pointed out in the meeting at SRI on
000324 where Lee Iverson reported research showing other KM efforts have all
failed....    (05)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/03/24/160030.HTM#L361102    (06)

Recently, on 011208 Jack Park was upset by the prospect that SDS is the only
technology that augments intelligence, as explained in POIMS, noting suspicions
that there are other technologies that do this, but failed to name one....    (07)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/01/12/08/094958.HTM#L941258    (08)

How many years of looking at web pages, attending seminars and sending emails
does it take to sink in that moving beyond IT requires a particular design that
is only supported by SDS, and so if we want to strengthen intelligence to avoid
future catastrophe that occurred on 010911, and which further collapsed Enron,
as seen by the Power's report, reviewed on 020204....    (09)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/02/02/04/160634.HTM#L540757    (010)

...and which has further collapsed the wider economy, also, reported on
020204....    (011)

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/02/02/04/170105.HTM#0001    (012)

...then we have bite the bullet that Eric Armstrong cited on 010916 and use an
interface we don't like in order to get the intelligence we need to move ahead?    (013)

There seems to be a hope that someday someone will stumble onto a web site that
has a Windows program with a button to click for KM or "Intelligence" that will
make everything better.  Art and culture, which in the end guide technology,  do
not work that way.  Art and culture are evolutionary processes of continual
learning and struggle toward perfection.  My sense is that we have to build on
what works, rather than refuse to make any effort to perform KM until an entire
capability is presented full blown.    (014)

Just musing.    (015)

Thanks again for feedback, which is another critical dimension of intelligence
that refines accuracy of the record.    (016)

Thanks too, for carrying the fight on the Fleabyte front, which has a lot to
contribute by demonstrating the viability for the next generation of journalism
to enable a culture of knowledge, along with Jack's work on Nexist.    (017)

Just to remind, Fleabyte can be a more vital force by providing links to
relevant articles you publish that provide evidence to support analysis
submitted through email, using links to specific locations, rather than to an
entire article.     (018)

Rod    (019)