Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Fwd: CG: Negotiation Instead of Legislation

>From the abstract:
  ...for any given task, people manage to work together without
  reorganizing the totality of all the knowledge soup in their heads.
  Instead of legislation, they use negotiation to make the minimal
  adjustments needed to get the job done...    (01)

Couldn't be more more clearly or accurately stated.    (02)

The concept of automatically identifying a "canonical graph"
by a computer generated search for analogies (with negotiation
over discrepancies) is an interesting one.    (03)

It sounds as though topic maps would be one kind of graph that
could be analyzied to make a conceptual graph, which could
be searched for analogies.    (04)

This is the basic mechanism I've postulated for an "agent-based
search of relevant projects" -- using a search for systems that
have a similar map, therefore finding all kinds of interesting
analogues that appear on the surface to be totally different.    (05)

Sowa points to a work that has taken that concept to the Nth
degree -- far beyond anything I had envisioned -- citing Arun
Majumdar's CG-based  analogy finder, VivoMind. Apparently,
it is smart enough to uncover similarities that aren't even
apparent from inspecting the graphs!    (06)

Fascinating.    (07)

Jack Park wrote:    (08)