[ba-ohs-talk] XSLT question: whitespace in XML attributes

I have some questions for you XML/XSLT gurus out there (i.e. Ken and
whoever else may be lurking. :-).    (01)

1. Are newlines allowed in attributes?    (02)

2. Assuming they are, is there an XSLT command that will allow me to
preserve the newlines when processing the attributes?  xsl:preserve-space
seems to be reserved for elements only.    (03)

The reason I ask is that OPML (http://www.opml.org/) stores outline text
in HTML attributes rather than as PCDATA.  Not only is this annoying, but
it also limits my flexibility to process OPML using XSLT.    (04)

-Eugene    (05)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |