Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Knoweldge Apps Foundry on SourceForge

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Stephen Danic wrote:    (01)

> For sake of exposure, I strongly recommend that we approach sourceforge and
> start a "knowledge applications" foundry. There are lots of other people out
> there developing isolated pims, graphs and collaboration tools. We need to
> get them together. I suggested this once a long time ago but received little
> support. Perhaps this time the community is ready to give it a go. One of my
> problems was that I couldn't well define "knowledge application". Maybe we
> can use Douglas Engelbart's criteria for the OHS.    (02)

I can do this -- I'm the Foundry Guide for the Distributed Computing
Foundry, and I know the SourceForge people well.    (03)

However, I'm less enthused about doing this at this stage, because I think
it's slightly premature.  Our signal-to-noise ratio has already been low,
although that trend has been changing with this discussion.  Better to
start with a small community, put something together -- software, specs,
and process, and have something concrete to discuss with a larger
community.  I don't think we'll lose momentum by limiting the scope of
this collaboration for now.  Once we accomplish this, I think we can
pursue such a foundry with a vengeance.    (04)

-Eugene    (05)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |