Re: [ba-ohs-talk] new version of graph model paper posted

Eugene Eric Kim wrote:    (01)

> Ken Holman and I submitted a version of my graph model paper last week to
> Extreme Markup.  I've posted the new version on my web site:
>
>   http://www.eekim.com/ohs/papers/graphmodel/    (02)

Eugene,    (03)

Thanks very much for posting this paper, which I found very
worthwhile reading. I think it very important to provide the
links back into the grove history, showing why that model is
the one most appropriate to a more enlightened view of managing
and navigating information. I might point out the additional
"links" between the ISO 10744 Hytime standard and the ISO 13250
Topic Map standard, not just in the commonality of authorship
but in that topic maps share the same linking paradigm, hence
the interest I share with some others in using TM as a core
technology for OHS development (and why I also think it should
be at the core of any Conceptual Graphs on-the-web effort.
This might be counter to the direction it's being taken, though
I take some heart in seeing the latest published minutes on
what's happening with KIF and CG in Jack's quote from John Sowa:    (04)

    [ba-ohs-talk] Fwd: CG: Common Logic Standard
    http://www.bootstrap.org/lists/ba-ohs-talk/0204/msg00019.html    (05)

I'll be working on a topic map-based representation of either
Common Logic or some alternative, if it either doesn't suffice
for my needs or takes years to publish a draft. [I'm also happy
to assist in the development of such a language though I'm not
of the impression I'd be invited. I'm certain Peter Becker would
likewise be happy to help.]    (06)

Murray    (07)

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK    (08)

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu    (09)