Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Co-authoring [was: Learning Groove]

Thanks, Murray. The organization of the Flesbyte archive IS a problem that needs to be
addressed pretty soon so I will see what I can learn from these KMI Planet people.    (01)

The co-authoring problem, if you don't mind, I am going to set it aside for a moment
until I can breathe a bit more freely.    (02)

Just, for the record, my personal feelings about MS vs alternative operating systems.
Ultimately it is the judicial interpretation of the law of the land that decides what
goes and what doesn't. But as a person I am caught between the need to use Windows and
my aversion to certain business practices. Mind you, I think that the other big players
in the field are no pussycats either! So, I am somewhat with Eugene in the sense of not
being overly religious about things, but will do my best, within my limitations, to
migrate as much as possible away from MS.    (03)

In this attempt, and to get a better feel of things I recently purchase a
desktop-specific distribution of Linux. The info made me believe that all was going to
be roses. Well: it doesn't recognize nor does it let me install my modem, it doesn't
recognize LS-120, and I didn't know what to do with Xine. The last item made me feel
pretty stupid, but I am glad to learn I am in the expert company of Eugene on that one!
At any rate, back to Red Hat 7.2 and try to figure out how to bring all my clumps of
email together into one wholesome package. The message, though, is that when people sell
distributions that do not meet customer expectations, they play in the hands of MS.
Pity.    (04)

Henry    (05)

Murray Altheim wrote:    (06)