Re: [ba-ohs-talk] new version of graph model paper posted

Lee Iverson wrote:
> I'm not sure I follow.  What kinds of queries would lead to these
> "bifurcations"?  In a general sense, since equality of two nodes is
> easy to determine, it is fairly simple to ensure that in any query
> result multiple references to the same node get properly resolved.    (01)

I was thinking of graph structures like the following:    (02)

A--------------B1
|                         |
|                         |
|                         |

Where B1 and B2 are not identical nodes, but nonetheless contain the
same value in respect of the particular
property being queried for.
So if I express my query as A-[B*]-C then some sort of decision has
to be made about what the result should be: Two B's or two C's or what?.
(One way would be to bin the idea of ordinary documents altogether and
just have hyperdocuments.)    (04)

HTH,
Peter    (05)