Great? idea for improving this list (was Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Freezope learning environments)

Hi everyone, and especially Eugene, who is the moderator for this list.    (01)

I just had a good idea for an eazy way to improve this forum.    (02)

Why not make a list of metadata keywords that could optionally be prepended
to the subject line of posts to this group.    (03)

For instance, the subject for this post could have been
"[ListEnhancementIdea] Great? idea ..."    (04)

Then, a script or whatever could check the headers, and put the posts into
groups.  If someone replies to a post, then it would not be put into a
group because it begins with "RE: " (the "[" symbol has to come first for
it to be recognized as containing a keyword).    (05)

The reason for this idea is that I wanted to mark Peter's post below as
containing a piece of software that I wanted to investigate.  If Peter had
prepended a keyword to the subject line, say [CollaborationSoftware], then
this post could have been put into a group with other CollaborationSoftware
where it would be easy to find.    (06)

See what I am saying?  With these keywords Eugene could make a webpage that
looked like http://www.fury.com (or at least some rough interface that
would look like the category list on the right).    (07)

The great thing about this idea is that participation would be voluntary,
but peer pressure would probably get everyone to participate.  Also, a
slightly annoying but functional thing to do in the case where someone did
not put a keyword in the subject would be to reply to the post with the
keyword in the subject line. (Or maybe we could think of a better web-based
interface for doing so).    (08)

Also, (back on a techical tangent) multiple keywords could be supported,
i.e. [Keyword1, Keyword2].    (09)

What do you guys think?    (010)

... Worst case, instead of a list of keywords, lets at least make a single
[SoftwareAnnounce] or [SA] keyword to keep track of just the posts that do
as the keyword says.    (011)

--Alex    (012)