Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Node Sequencing [Was: **** Instant Outlining!!! ***]

Jack Park wrote:    (01)

> ... it occurs to me that this discussion is roaming
> awfully close to describing Ted Nelson's ZigZag http://xanadu.com/zigzag/
>   and also at http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/gzz/, an open source Java
> program based on the zigzag structure.    (02)

The notion of stringing cells together with threads lies at the heart of the
data structure underlying a truely effective system.    (03)

But does that constitute an interface.    (04)

For example, could a zig zag structure be used to implement the Radio
Userland "instant outlining" that I'm wild to try?    (05)

For that, one "dimension" consists of responses to a node -- and since
each node in the hiearchy has it's own set of responses, is there still
one "dimension" in the structure? Conceptually, I think there is, but
it seems to me that Zig Zag would have needed to add a new dimension
to deal with responses for each node. Did I get the wrong impression,
or is that how it would work?    (06)