Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Re: Rethinking Licensing

James Michael DuPont wrote:

> Paul,
> please let me ask this to all of you.
> If the OHS will not be able to at first contribute
> code.
> You and Eric both have a profound command of the
> english language.
>
> My command is of C/C++/SQL and Perl.
>
> Would you provide instead of software, as a group
> a SPECIFICATION that can be implemented as a GPLed
> program by someone like me? A modular design that
> allows for a core of GPLed code that protects the
> investment, and is easily modified.    (01)

Here is a starting point:
  http://www.bootstrap.org/augment/ALLIANCE/980.html    (02)

Various discussions here have taken some of the ideas in it further, but
that document is probably a good place to start.    (03)

-Paul Fernhout
Kurtz-Fernhout Software
Creators of the Garden with Insight(TM) garden simulator
http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com    (04)