[ba-ohs-talk] Collapsing P2P networks

http://slashdot.org/articles/02/06/18/0023240.shtml?tid=95    (01)

"I'm a undergraduate at the University of Washington, and after seeing this
article on Salon, I dusted off a paper I had written last year. I examined
P2P networks under a model usually used in describing animal populations,
and found that it may be possible to cause a collapse in the network based
on the intrinsic nature of the technology. Just as in animal populations,
P2P networks require a sizable "critical mass" of users, and overharvesting
can cause a systemic collapse - what if this were done on purpose? Quite
ominously, my second recommendation on disruption was carrying damaged or
incorrectly named files. You can read theabstract and the actual paper"    (02)