[ba-ohs-talk] Leo Literate Programming

I "blogged" this at my NexistWiki weblog.
I am of the opinion that this is a very important project, one worth
looking at carefully.    (01)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/leo/
and the project's home page (worth visiting!)
http://personalpages.tds.net/~edream/front.html    (02)

·       Leo is a programmer's editor and a flexible browser for projects,
programs, classes or data. Leo clarifies design, coding, debugging, testing
and maintenance.
·       Leo is an outlining editor. Outlines clarify the big picture while
providing unlimited space for details.
·       Leo is a ·      literate programming tool, compatible with
·    noweb and ·     CWEB. Leo enhances any text-based programming
language, from assembly language and C to Java, Python and XML.
·       Leo is also a data organizer. A single Leo outline can generate
complex data spanning many different files. Leo has been used to manage web
sites.
·       Leo is a project manager. Leo provides multiple views of a project
within a single outline. Leo naturally represents tasks that remain
up-to-date.
·       Leo is fully scriptable using · Python and saves its files in · XML
format.
·       Leo is portable. Leo.py is 100% pure Python and will run on any
platform supporting ·   Python and ·    Tk/tcl, including Windows, Linux
and MacOS X. Leo.exe runs on any Windows platform.
·       Leo is ·        Open Software, distributed under the ·  Python
License.    (03)

What's extremely interesting to me is that Leo looks like a really powerful
tool, one worth looking at in terms of components in an OHS.    (04)

Cheers
Jack    (05)

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.    (06)

http://www.nexist.org/wiki/User0Blog    (07)