[ba-ohs-talk] Yet another mind manager

I did a quick check. There is another java (LGPL) mind manager that is
similar to Freemind, but with a few more features.
It's found at http://mak.sourceforge.net
Since there are no screenshots available, I made one of it. See it at
http://www.nexist.org/mak.gif    (01)

Notice that each node has a title, and a popup visual menu (not the popup
menu I popped in the picture, but the one over "Tutorial for MAK"
node.  That popup menu lets you shrink the tree around the node, and do
other things with the node.    (02)

The other popup, the dark rectangle with TextComponent hilited lets you
build your map.    (03)

This project, which may (or may not) have been abandoned (the last build is
dated 20001224 -- "the Christmas Edition", though, there's another build
mak2.0 BirthdayPreview dated 20010217 <note>I'm displaying the Christmas
Edition</note> -- also note: patches dated 20010204 and a LanguagePack
dated 20010104 (possibly French, English, German -- I haven't checked
yet).  Things that argue against abandonment include a comment by the
author ("sundance") on 20020802 that discussed replacing the Dictionary
nodes with a more integrative concept.    (04)

This looks like an interesting project.  Might be possible to build it into
a read-only applet!    (05)

Cheers
Jack    (06)

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.    (07)

http://www.nexist.org/wiki/User0Blog    (08)