Re: [Gzz] RE: [ba-ohs-talk] Fenfire, RDF (re "Towards a StandardGraph-Based...")

Title: Re: [Gzz]  RE: [ba-ohs-talk] Fenfire, RDF (re "Towards a Standard Graph-Based...")
Jack,

First, from our perspective, we believe that a converged structural and behavioral model is required to bring context and coherence to the systems world. A context incorporates conventional software object-oriented semantics, however its model deals more precisely with knowledge through higher order cognitive constructs. These semantics are layered on top of a software object, one that employs inheritance, encapsulation and polymorphic language mechanisms. Approaching system development from a context information modeling perspective is particularly valuable for aligning complex and variable requirements, even across a multitude of organizations with different processes.

Topic maps is just one corner for such a converged world. At this time, let me introduce you to CoreSystem. Please download a comprehensive CoreSystem animated illustration from the following FTP site:

http://www.cyberseek.com/Coretalk/CoreSystem.PC.zip
Or for the Mac:
http://www.cyberseek.com/Coretalk/CoreSystem.MAC.zip

You will probably be most interested in reviewing the Knowledge Space element of CoreSystem for a discussion of Topic Maps (frame 13).

Cheers,

Sandy