RE: [Gzz] RE: [ba-ohs-talk] Fenfire, RDF (re "Towards a StandardGraph-Based...")

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Danny Ayers wrote:    (01)

> > > Do you have an example of this? I'm having trouble thinking
> > where this might
> > |
> > B-A
> Still having trouble :-(    (02)

i'm sorry, that was a bad example -- i should have tried to explain.
i did try to construct a more meaningful one, which i try to repeat below.    (03)

otherwise there's a screenshot how a situation like this occurred to me
when i was working today, but it's not a very good one (yet). bu do feel
free to see http://an.org/fenfire/gzigzag.png and the difference to
gzigzag2.png (which is not there yet but i try to make it when have time
:)    (04)

fortunately, your question is helpful to answer:    (05)

> What does this offer that
> A-B
> doesn't? When might it be useful in practice?    (06)

if y and x axis are (sematically) different.    (07)

you could reconstruct it in rdf by saying:
A y B
B x A    (08)

(which is the order i do them in hierarchical trees in zzstructure,
when y and x are simply d.1 and d2. (using d.clone in the z-axis)    (09)

so in a rdf graph it might appear as:    (010)

|-x

B---A

  y    (011)

where A is the same node in differenct places on one canvas. (m.o.t.?)    (012)

> Cheers,
> Danny.    (013)

wishfully,
~Toni    (014)