[ba-ohs-talk] :xu: Serious deep addressing (was Re: ![Gzz] Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Starting Point for Collab Tool

Dear Eric Armstrong:    (01)

The only thing wrong with your suggestion is that it doesn't go
  quite far enough.    (02)

Not just every paragraph, but every character, must be tracked.
  When you're almost there, why stop?    (03)

I would recommend another look at the tumbler mathematics by
  Roger Gregory and Mark Miller, described in *Literary Machines*
  (you can find an illegal copy on the Web someplace, scanned as
  muiltipage fax=TIF=jfax).    (04)

This has the particular mathematical advantage of referring compactly
  to spans which can encompass both strings and groups of servers,
  and allowing permutation matrices of such spans.  This was the
  secret inner mechanism of the xu88 software described in *Literary
  Machines*.  This partially-working software (it worked on small scale,
  supposedly could be debugged to work on super scale) is available
  open source as "Udanax Green", at udanax.com and sunless-sea.net.    (05)

All my own current designs are intended to work either standalone or
  in conjunction with xu88/Udanax Green, if it ever works fully.    (06)

Best, Ted Nelson    (07)