[ba-unrev-talk] Knowledge Networks for augmenting creativity

http://www.sristi.org/papers/A7.htm
"The developmental theory has got stuck in the last one decade after
reaching the limits of various models tried in different parts of the
world. And yet, never before, the pluralism was so high in search of
solutions. A large variety of civil society initiatives are being taken in
north and south to try various models of agricultural and rural development
regardless of ideological boundaries. Despite this positive trend, some
gaps have remained. I discuss ten gaps in developmental processes that
Knowledge Centre/Network approach tries to overcome in part one of the
paper. In part two, I describe the heuristics of innovations in the context
of local knowledge systems. The recent experience of Honey Bee network,
SRISTI and GIAN is discussed in Part Three in the context to erosion and
other threats to local diversity, creativity and knowledge systems. These
initiatives aim to build upon what poor people are rich in, i.e. their
knowledge systems and creative spirit. Finally I summarize my arguments and
suggest that agricultural economists move beyond finding out what went
wrong, where and why and get involved in building new participatory
institutions and knowledge networks for generating developmental alternatives."    (01)

More such papers can be found at
http://www.sristi.org/pub.html    (02)

About http://www.sristi.org/    (03)

"SRISTI is a non-governmental organisation setup to strengthen the
creativity of grassroots inventors, innovators and ecopreneurs engaged in
conserving biodiversity and developing eco-friendly solutions to local
problems. Here, on the web site of SRISTI, you can read about its
activities and participate in them, download its newsletter and research
papers and much more"    (04)