[ba-unrev-talk] Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Eric Running for Office

Yes, it has rail, but it's a long tunnel under a sea lane, so you can't
drive cars down there because everyone would asphyxiate.
And you can ventilate mid-channel without a risk to shipping (ships
don't float in aerated water).
So they put the cars on the _electric_ train.
Of course, you wouldn't need to do that if you had an electric car.    (01)

What would be a great interim measure is a car with a plug-and-play
engine set.
Electric for anything under 100 miles. Petrol assisted if your batteries
go flat.
Battery set swaps at energy stations so you don't have to wait for
recharge - you just plug and go.    (02)

I saw in the news that Milan, Italy, is banning petrol cars inside the
city limits in 2004.
I certainly hope vested interests don't overturn that one, and that the
sentiment spreads.    (03)

--
Peter    (04)