Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Re: [ba-ohs-talk] OHS & the "now" enterprises, incl. CITRIS Kickoff

Peter.    (01)

Ah! Good, oldfashioned direct, Athenean democracy with everyone having a
vote except, of course, the Helotes and the women!    (02)

Seriously, I just don't know how things may pan out. but I would expect
that greater transparency will roll back political skullduggery, etc.
Transparency has two components: public availability of information and
public grasp (insight, judgment) of what the information entails and its
potential effects on all strata of society. Enhancing that grasp (through
computing & education) would help people to recognize when tales are being
spun by or on behalf of particular interest groups.    (03)

That is the short of it, but still I should expand just a little beyond
this. I believe that a greater emphasis must be given to the human values
aspect of things, especially with society going through increasingly
tumultuous times. Information should be evaluated in terms of human values
and with due regard to social strata.    (04)

Henry    (05)

Peter Jones wrote:    (06)