Knowledge Representation/Access (wasRE: [ba-unrev-talk] Where is Kananaskis?)

At 04:21 PM 6/26/2002 -0500, Chris Dent wrote:
>I don't love bureaucracies or their controlling information structures
>in the slightest. To keep this on topic I'm in the habit of rejecting
>formal knowledge representations as they limit. Formal symbolic
>representations are resistant to the creation of new knowledge. They
>are fine if your goal is proving theories false. That's a negative
>goal and there must be more than that.
>
>Earlier today I decided that knowledge access structures are far more
>important than knowledge representation formalisms. Access helps to
>generate new theory while avoiding repetition.
>
>(Formal information representations is another cup of tea entirely.)    (01)

Chris,
Having nicely sidestepped the personal labels ascribed to you, you finally
opened up a great area for discourse.  So, I relabeled the thread.    (02)

You said: "Earlier today I decided that knowledge access structures are far
more important..."    (03)

In the context of unrev, I don't see where that happened.  I see hints of
it on the PORT list.  So, let me ask you to elaborate.    (04)

Thanks
Jack    (05)

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.    (06)