[ba-unrev-talk] one handed chord keyboards

I'm sure this has come up on here before but I have an itch I'd
like to scratch: one handed, chorded keyboards. Where can I buy
one or try one to see if I like it. It seems ideal for me.    (01)

I found Paul Fernhout's posting on the original unrev-ii list
about the Twiddler. I have one of those and after the first
couple of weeks of "oh, this is neato" set it down in
frustration: it's not well designed for the task I wanted: fast
one-handed data entry. It's pretty good for, as Paul says,
petting the dog while you type. I was able to get up to a
reasonable rate of typing, but my goal here is to go _faster_
than I touch type (and I type quickly) and have one hand for
typing and one for mousing, never leaving devices. I intend to
use it at a desk, not in a wearable situation.    (02)

The most noted one handed chord system on the web appears to be
the Bat, but it looks a bit clunky. CyKey is another. Anyone have
experience with either of these?    (03)

I've seen pictures of the chord keyset made at SRI. Simple, to
the point. I can't seem to find anything like that.    (04)

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.    (05)

--
Chris Dent  <cdent@burningchrome.com>  http://www.burningchrome.com/~cdent/
"Mediocrities everywhere--now and to come--I absolve you all! Amen!"