O.A.I. WAS Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Fw: Announcing: The Computer Science Preprint Server

I went looking for the Open Archive Initiative, so
I typed www.oai.org into my address bar on the offchance
it would hit.    (01)

What I got was the webpages for a non-profit:
"About OAI
Innovation Through Alliances
OAI creates "virtual companies" by teaming collaborators from industry,
universities, and federal laboratories who work together to develop solutions
for market-driven needs. Such partnerships have led to advances in aerospace
components, developed new technologies in medical science, created improved
design/manufacturing and measurement systems, and provided educational
enrichment and support for thousands of faculty and students."    (02)

I suggest hitting this page and checking out the buttons top-left:
http://www.oai.org/pages/Overview.html
Collaborative Research
Networking
Workforce Enhancement
Education    (03)

For the latter:
"As a nation we have made a commitment to adequately prepare tomorrow's
workforce for tomorrow's jobs-jobs that will be based heavily on math and
science, analytical skills, and communication/interpersonal skills. OAI manages
a number of consortia and programs that involve public/private partnerships
among teachers, students, academia, industry, government, and the community at
large."    (04)

--
Peter    (05)