Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Book on Topic Maps

Thanks Eric!    (01)

But...    (02)

I didn't write it. I wrote a couple of chapters, edited, and created the book.
Some other really smart people wrote chapters (17 in all) including one by
my two snappers, Nefer and John.    (03)

I'll be talking about that book and more, mostly about Douglas Engelbart's
work in the keynote address to
Extreme Markup Languages in Montreal, end of next week. The title of my
talk is "Douglas Engelbart, Open Hyperdocument Systems, XML, and Everything."    (04)

Here is the abstract:
"We look at markup languages in the context of complex, urgent problems
facing humanity. The talk intends to develop a context in which the
evolution of markup languages is seen as crucial to the evolution of tools
capable of supporting and augmenting what Douglas Engelbart calls the
Capabilities Infrastructure of Networked Improvement Communities. If time
permits, a demonstration of an engineering prototype of a system aimed in
that direction will take place."    (05)

Jack    (06)