[ba-unrev-talk] Friday Titbit: Linux the Movie

How the world is changing…… could we ever have imagined 20 years ago, first the appearance of a best selling book and an academy award winning movie about …. A schizophrenic mathematician and now…..

“The Code”   or Linux the Movie

Doug was visited today by the director Hannu Puttonen who provided him with a video tape of “The Code” which is a movie about how Linux emerged.

From the synopsis: //www.linuxthemovie.com

“The hero of the film is the archetype of our times: the programmer. In The Code programming is seen partially as an art form.”

For more on this movie, look at http://www.linuxthemovie.com

What a wonderful world we live in, despite the recession, talk of war, difficulties of sustainable development, we have art to remind us of the tapestry, sometimes hidden and forgotten, that we weave with our lives.

Talking about videos, watching with my daughter the video Prince of Egypt, there is a scene, where his future father in law tells Moses that he is a thread in the tapestry of life, which resonates for me with the quote Jack Park put in his Extreme Markup lecture

Upon this gifted age, in its dark hour,

Rains from the sky a meteoric shower

    Of facts..... They lie unquestioned, uncombined.

Wisdom enough to leech us of our ill

Is daily spun, but there exists no loom

   To weave it into fabric...

                             Edna St. Vincent Millay