RE: [ba-unrev-talk] Criminal Spam

Some people (one or more) who have ba-unrev-talk in their address books are
infected by Klez.H.  I have received a small number that pretend to be sent
from the list (but they really aren't).    (01)

One behavior of Klez.H is that it uses the available address book to
propogate and it also uses the address book to falsify the origin of the
infected messages that it creates.    (02)

So, someone who has Peter Jones in their address book and also has an
address for ba-unrev-talk should look to see whether there is the
possibility of a Klez.H infestation.    (03)

Peter, your ISP probably cannot prevent the forgeries, because the mail
probably didn't actually go through their system.  Changing your email
account doesn't really alter the situation.  The problem involves your entry
in someone else's address book!    (04)

At the same time, it is prudent to take the appropriate precautions to
confirm that your system is not infested.  There are tools for this at a
number of antivirus sites, including    (05)

	http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html    (06)

-- orcmid    (07)

Dennis E. Hamilton
http://NuovoDoc.com/