Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Scopeware

On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 04:32 AM, Garold (Gary) L. Johnson
wrote:
> It would require a fair amount more work to convince me that the system
> would work for a really long stream. Hopefully a good search system
> with the
> ability to add classification information to files exists that will
> make
> large collections more accessible.    (01)

It does have the ability to refine searches, but I basically agree with
your criticism. It doesn't seem to do a lot more than searching files
except for an unusually nice user interface.    (02)

 From comments elsewhere, Scopeware is a very scaled down version of the
original ideas, so I'm still interested in reading "Mirror Worlds" to
find out more about the original ideas.    (03)

The idea of being able to select an area, wind back time, then
associate it with objects is what caught my attention since this
matched some of my recent thoughts on visual languages.    (04)

--
   spwhite@chariot.net.au    (05)