RE: [ba-unrev-talk] Humble pie in academia

Well, we could go off and talk about toolcraft and the pitfalls thereof, as
well as focusing on syntactic versus semantic knowledge and other things.
For example, one usually learns how to solve problems like the one given by
trial and error in current settings.  I can't do that here so I will simply
take a parachuteless plunge:    (01)

I would have thought something like    (02)

	ls ????    (03)

would do the job, but I don't know for sure whether it will find matches on
names with fewer than 4 characters.  Then I wonder if it will also pick up
directory names and whether that is allowed in an answer.  Then I wonder
which shell is being used and how that impacts the answer.  And what are the
Unix regular-expressions in filenames rules these days?    (04)

Sometimes, being an old fart means I know too much about what is lurking
left in the unsaid and I'm left  wondering where a fresh student doesn't
even have such distractions in the way.    (05)

And sometimes exams aren't very well thought out and we're playing stump the
student rather than eliciting some measure of the desired comprehension of
the subject.    (06)

But, you know, apropos the subject matter of ba-unrev, maybe it has us look
at what exactly *is* knowledge and where does (which kind of) it matter?    (07)

-- Dennis    (08)