[ba-unrev-talk] Opera: Transclusion by Browser (or PurpleSlurple for the masses)

Has anyone seen this article on CNET?    (01)

"Opera Software says it has finally solved the long-standing problem of
reading big, bulky Web pages on tiny cell phone screens, posing a potential
threat to both WAP and to Microsoft.    (02)

"We massage the content so that is fits onto the screen," said Opera
Chief Executive Jon von Tetzchner of the company's new small-screen
rendering technology."    (03)

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-961831.html    (04)

So it would seem that Opera has the browser doing the transclusion. This was
the promise of WBI and the big selling point for its off spring WebSphere
Transcoding Publisher (currently available from IBM for $33,632). Opera is
currently available for ~1/1000 of that: $39.    (05)

Here's a link to Opera's page about the technology (with screenshots):
http://www.opera.com/products/smartphone/smallscreen/    (06)

Now all we have to do is get Opera to incorporate PurpleSlurple!!    (07)

Regards,    (08)

Matthew A. Schneider    (09)

P.S. Several folk here kinda anticipated this or envisioned PS as a plugin
(myself included :) I'm glad to see Opera has nailed it.    (010)