[ba-unrev-talk] IBIS facilitation workshop in Bay Area

Hi,

As you may know, I am a huge fan of IBIS (Issue Based Information System).  Indeed, my life's work follows the path of two thought leaders: Doug Engelbart and Horst Rittel.  I teach what is, to the best of my knowledge, the only practical course or workshop on IBIS, that is, on using the IBIS argumentation structure to interactively craft a representation (a "map") of a dialogue or conversation as it unfolds.  This "Dialogue Mapping Workshop" is oriented to face-to-face meetings.  It is about facilitating problem solving, design, and decision making conversations in those meetings.  Although the orientation is to synchronous collaboration, I think many of the same principles also apply to moderating asynchronous interactions.  I suspect some members of this list would be interested in learning more ... if so, please read on.

I have arranged to offer the Dialogue Mapping workshop in the Bay Area.  Major details are:
Tuesday, Nov. 12 and Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2002
Redwood City, CA
9AM to 5PM (to be confirmed)
Tuition: $900 (includes course manual and QuestMap software trial license)
Further details and on-line registration form can be found by starting at http://cognexus.org/id18.htm.
If you are at all interested, please let me know.

Regards,
Jeff

Dr. Jeff Conklin             <mailto:jeff@cognexus.org>
CogNexus Institute ... Collaborative Display, Collective Intelligence
http://cognexus.org          Phone: 410-798-4495  Fax: 410-798-0806
304 Arbutus Dr., Edgewater, MD 21037    USA