Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Re: Corporate Morality

I believe that the attempt to extend reputation and ranking
systems to cover real-world data *directly* is overly
ambitious, at this juncture.    (01)

But I believe that such systems can be usefully and properly
employed as meta data, in the near term.    (02)

In other words, the km system would not record that statement
A was somehow a more accurate reflection of real world events.    (03)

It would instead record that X number of readers found it
persuasive, compelling, useful, etc.    (04)

In essence, it is a voting system, with no single winner, but
one which the "well-liked" portrayals rise to the top.    (05)

Perfect? No.
Useful? Yes.    (06)

stephen white wrote:    (07)