Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Response from ADM to Eric Armstrongs review of our product.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your kindly message below.  I'll try to update - without overloading - you and this list as we make decisions and code new features.

Cordially, Eric Sommer, CEO, ADM

 Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@sun.com> wrote:

Great response, Eric. You're definitely taking the feedback in the
right vein. I admire your tenancity. It can take you a long way. I
tend to think that the environment was very different for Adope
(Adobe) and Logus (Lotus) -- (I like the typo'd versions so much
better...) -- but then, the people who say you can't *always* have
a reason why it's different now, so please do prove me wrong.

I'm looking forward to your talk with your CTO. The XML decision
is a no-brainer, but a Google-style back-link monitor is a major
investment, plus a potential performance bottleneck. *Someday*,
we'll clearly be there. But if you go there too soon, you fail, and if
you go too late, you're an also-ran. Timing it right is *really* tough,
and mostly a matter of luck.

Finally, I have to admit to having a one-track mind with respect to
outliner interfaces. I'm used to collapsible hierarchies and don't
have much "time in grade" with multi-column or other approaches,
so there may well be productivity advantages I have missed.

Luck.
eric

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now