Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Connecting the Dots...

EXCELLENT, Aldo!!!    (01)

I, too, put a lot of stock in what your Iraqi-expatriate
colleague has to say. They point to a convergence of goals,
but a disagreement over methods. The question that next
pops up in my mind is how, in a non-democratic system,
can such change be achieved non-violently?    (02)

I've *got* to read up on the Magna Carta. That's one of the
few cases where the citizenry induced change without revolt.
(The only "enlightened societies" I can think of were let
by benevolent czars, and the like.)    (03)

Perhaps there are useful lessons in models like that one.
(Paul pointed me to a number of resources, too, that I'll
get to next week.)    (04)

BTW:
Multiple-linking is a necessity, imho. But the linking has
to be possible after-the-fact.    (05)