Re: Fwd: Re: [ba-unrev-talk] War protests

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, d. Matt Placek wrote:    (01)

> I find it amusing how those opposing the current action have latched onto
> this "crusade" term.  I suppose this is a labored attempt to connotatively
(..)
> You can say what you will about the questionable motivations of Bush,
> Cheney, Blair, et al-- but to associate this action with the loaded term
> 'crusade' is completely skewed, and is absolutely the OPPOSITE of the truth
> of the situation.  Just because one strongly opposes the action doesn't    (02)

you may well be right about the motivations being quite earthly,
(as they probably were in the actual crusades, too?) - but just a note:    (03)

but don't you think that the fact that mr. Bush used the word himself to
begin with has anything to do with that 'labored attempt'? i mean, it does
not take much to associate a term to someone's action when he himself has
used the term in front of all the world.. (albeit in error not repeated)    (04)

~Toni    (05)