Re: [ba-unrev-talk] TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED

Teemu.    (01)

No, I do not consider this flaming, but I am not a U.S. citizen. This
American is a Canadian. The facts you stated are by and large correct
and of great concern to many thoughtful people in the U.S. In fact, you
echo recent comments by Nelson Mandela when he cautioned Mr. Bush
against attacking Iraq. I also understand that, besides its many ills,
the U.S. is a leading country when it comes to providing humanitarian
aid on an international scale (but I haven't looked at statistics).     (02)

Personally I feel that digital augmentation by itself is not enough.
There need also be attention paid to values education and the stiffening
of spine in times of calamity. This is a lesson I learned from
reflecting on the years Holland lived under Nazi occupation. I did
express myself about that in this forum. Also, two years ago, I tried to
get support from a college where I used to teach to organize a getting
together of educators to have an initial look at this issue. I was then
motivated during Engelbart's Colloquium in 2000 when two of his guest
speakers addressed the coming end to the supply of oil on a 40-year
horizon. Running out of non-renewable resources promises some mean
struggles for what is left of an ever scarcer supply.    (03)

I failed. I hoped to be able to further address this issue in Fleabyte,
but it appears impossible for me to maintain that publication. Two
people recently came forward ready to volunteer their contribution to
the medium, but even that is not enough to really make a go of it. I am
a bit at wit's end here, but I am trying hard to talk myself into not
giving up hope just yet, criticisms (and even sarcasm) notwithstanding.    (04)

Oh boy.    (05)

Henry    (06)