RE: [ba-unrev-talk] Fwd: Stop Media Monopoly (MoveOn))

Yes, Graham, I saw this reference in Gary Richmond's list as well.
Frightening.    (01)

One can't help but contemplating (while associated with a project to
raise the Collective IQ) what a tremendous waste of time TV advertising
is, with millions of people who could put that time to better use. On
the Internet we call this spam and are looking for ways of getting rid
of it. But on TV the same stuff is not called spam. Why not?    (02)

If we could get rid of spam on TV, we get rid of a good chunk of the
incentive for media concentration. And, of course, there is the PBS
route.    (03)

Henry     (04)

--
Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken@sympatico.ca>    (05)