[unrev-II] Session #2 - Moving People?

From: Bill & Sharon Bearden (bbearden@bcl.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 09:30:22 PST

From: "Bill & Sharon Bearden" <bbearden@bcl.net>

Greetings,

I enjoyed the discussion at the end of session #2 about the problem of energy. I especially liked the comment on the real cost of
mass transit and the comment on revitalizing the inner cities. But I was a little surprised that no one really followed up on the
comment from the lady from the automobile industry about changing lifestyles. She seemed to be the only one who even hinted at the
question: "why move people at all?"

Perhaps it is a little more obvious for me since I am "attending" this colloquium in my basement (which is in Illinois). Many of
the people attending in person used cars or mass transit to get there. Even though the state of the technology is today fairly
poor, the fact that I and many others can participate without starting our cars suggests that this is a viable part of the energy
problem's solution.

The solution to our problem with energy may come more from Cisco than Chevron.

Bill Bearden

  Hey Freelancers: Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.