Re: [unrev-II] Dichotomy hiding amidst the Paradigms?

From: Jeff Miller (jeffm@dynamite.com.au)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 21:39:53 PST

From: Jeff Miller <jeffm@dynamite.com.au>

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 05:37:58AM -0000, johnwerneken@netzero.net wrote:
> From: johnwerneken@netzero.net
<snip>
> So I worry about this dichotomy hiding amidst the paradigms: I hear a
>cosmic goal of human improvement, akin to salvation; the factual examples
>given to me suggest a fine-grained open-source bottom-up model; but so
>much of the discussion appears to cent er on top-down universal
>decision-changing, towards getting people in general to adopt the
>speaker’s policy preferences.

design top-down, but implement bottom-up. May be once people have thrashed
out the general ideas, and thrown a couple of "further reading" links
around so we know we're all looking in the same direction. We can pick a
small-ish example - none world scale. Large enough to be interesting, but
small enough to be do able, someone said on this list. And, then talk
able how to model this example and hopefully even implement something
basic.

It's a matter of focus and balance before movement.

Jeff.

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.