Re: [unrev-II] Outpost Communities

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 15:55:35 PST

From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

"Daniela U.Trocan" wrote:

> I propose that any effort of finding technological answers to our
> problems as a global society should be accomponied by an equal effort
> to develop techniques of evolving our conscience / self-awareness /
> spiritual dimension.

Hear, hear! (or "here, here" for the zen crowd)

Perhaps a NIC of churches/gurus/yoga/meditation societies would be
a good one to work with. That would allow them to share strategies
and information that help them make a difference in their communities.

Thinking about it, the DKR we develop should allow good information
development (as per email) but one which results in an "information
mine" which allows someone new to *rapidly* digest previous
conversations.

My particular interest is health. So perhaps HMOs and insurance
companies
would be interested in participating in a "preventative health" NIC.
Then again, I'm into community building through music and dance, so
maybe
real estate developers, apartment complex managers, and folk music/folk
dancing organizations could be brought together in ways that are
mutually
beneficial to each.

I think the initial system *has* to be focused on the technology end,
simply to produce the positive feedback (bootstrapping) effect. But
perhaps one or more NICs could co-use that system and provide us with
the all-important user feedback that tells us where we should take it
next. Some possible NICs are:
  * Spiritual
  * Health
  * Music/Dance

What others could we add to that list?

Don’t buy your Valentine a Gift by clicking here.