Re: [unrev-II] Am I the only dummy around here?

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 13:48:26 PST

From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

> Bernie DeKoven wrote:
>
> I thoroughly agree. Also, I think there is a huge disparity between
> levels of expertise and interest. We need to take advantage of some
> other existing infrastructure that will allow us to identify these
> groups, give them each the opportunity for dialog, and establish
> dialog between them.

Netscape messenger's thread-view is the only one I know of that
really "gets it right" in the threading department. The ability
to flag a message for follow up with a single key-click is another
part of what makes the interface great.

I only use it at work, with a full-time connection though, because
I never found a way to make it stop dialing my ISP automatically
whenever I sent a message. (What I want to do is queue them and
then send them all at once when I'm ready.) There must be a way
to do that, but I never found it, so I don't use it at home.
Otherwise, I'd use it for everything.

Even so, it would be wonderful to have different sublists for
energy discussions, community-building discussions, etc., so
the "futurist" discussions can go on unimpeded by technalia.

In general, I tend not to be a big fan of forums. But in this
case I would make an exception. (The other major advantage is
that I would be able to control my access times. When these
messages show up in my inbox, the thoughts arrive in a rush,
and I have to send a response just to get them out of my head
so I can get back to work...
:_)

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today
and put your mind to rest.