Re: [unrev-II] Am I the only dummy around here?

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 15:01:49 PST

From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

Peter has been managing the current DKR.
He would seem to be the natural choice to coordinate
(note: "coordinate" not "do everything") any
efforts that aim to improve the process.

To summarize the Bill Bearden's and other requests:
  * Make video archives downloadable
  * organize our email discussions
  * organize our WWW pages
  * make transcripts available

Jeff Miller wrote:

> From: Jeff Miller <jeffm@dynamite.com.au>
>
> Sound like a good plan. It needn't be limited to people in the bay
> area
> however. Although, give that personal contact could speed development
> in
> the early stages the majority of the developers should be. They could
> propose the inital design, and whatever else is needed to get this
> project
> moving. Then we start trying to do our work through this and when we
> find
> parts that fail we expand/fix that part going out-of-band if
> necessary.
>
> Anyone in the bay area care to co-ordinate this effort?
>
> Jeff.
>
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 03:56:24PM -0600, Bill Bearden wrote:
> > From: "Bill Bearden" <BBearden@BCL.net>
> >

> > > Eric wrote:
> > > Makes sense. In effect, you are proposing the colloquium contents
> as
> > > the first DKR, and the members of the mailing list as the first
> NIC,
> > > and then leverage the physically adjacent community to bootstrap
> > > a better model for distributed interactions.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > The participants have varying
> >
> > 1) time they can spend researching
> > 2) time they can spend writing
> > 3) abilities to receive the information
> > 4) abilities to understand the information (background)
> > 5) abilities to perform the actions we require
> >
> > The Bay Area participants with time (ability doesn't seem to be
> > lacking) should form a design team that can meet
> > face-to-face with Douglas. We need a way to organize our email
> > discussion and WWW pages (including transcripts, please) to help
> > the rest of us catch up. The remote participants are the
> > customers for the initial system.
> >
> > This is not a change of direction because Adam Cheyer already
> > proposed the email and WWW pages. This is merely a suggestion
> > on how we might organize the initial phase in light of the fact
> > that we actually need what we will be developing.
> >
> > If someone has other ideas on how we can help the remote users,
> > please bring them up. In a little over 4 weeks, we may all be
> > remote users.
> >
> > Bill

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today
and put your mind to rest.