Re: [unrev-II] Am I the only dummy around here?

From: Peter P. Yim (yimpp@cim-oem.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 11:29:36 PST

From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@cim-oem.com>

Eric,

Re -
> (What I want to do is queue them and
> then send them all at once when I'm ready.) There must be a way
> to do that, but I never found it,

Among other mail clients, I use the Netscape Messenger too. I agree it's
great -- just love its organization and full text search capabilities.
I'm on Communicator v4.7 now, but the feature has been around a long
time (probably since v2.x or even earlier). Try the following (it's
probably what you want):

1. When you are in the message composition window, click on "File",
Among the drop down options, there is a "Send Later" option. This is
what you need when you are done composing your message and want to batch
it in your "Outbox" to be dispatched later.

2. When you are ready to send, under the "File" drop down menu, you will
have the option to "Send Unsent Messages" (this option is available only
if you have messages waiting to be sent in the "Outbox"). Invoking this
will start the dispatch process.

Cheers,
PPY

===

Eric Armstrong wrote Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:48:26 -0800:

   [snip]

> Netscape messenger's thread-view is the only one I know of that
> really "gets it right" in the threading department. The ability
> to flag a message for follow up with a single key-click is another
> part of what makes the interface great.
>
> I only use it at work, with a full-time connection though, because
> I never found a way to make it stop dialing my ISP automatically
> whenever I sent a message. (What I want to do is queue them and
> then send them all at once when I'm ready.) There must be a way
> to do that, but I never found it, so I don't use it at home.
> Otherwise, I'd use it for everything.

   [snip]

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as low as 2.9 percent
Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards
Points, no hidden fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the
credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at