[unrev-II] Implicit hyperlinks

From: vaneyken@sympatico.ca
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 06:45:18 PST

From: vaneyken@sympatico.ca

Just a thought that crossed my mind as am reading rather specialized documents
outside my more ordinary areas of interest (such as the bootstrap docs):

One often encounters unfamiliar terms, or terms defined within a specialty
somewhat different than one is used to (i.q. the abbreviation IQ in bootstrap
documentation's "Collective IQ" does not correspond to psychologists'
definition of I.Q. - now redundant), as well as abbreviations (which tyemselves
may have context-dependent meanings (i.q. I.Q.). Such occurrences jar attention
and/or may cause misinterpretation.

I believe that we need a secondary form of hyperlink pertaining to
abbreviations and specialized terms. Those would not be underlined. A reader
would simply expect that clicking on them would immediately generate the
appropriate definition, preferably in a separate window so as not to interrupt
the primary document being read.

I am probably not the first one to dream this up, but think it worthwhile the
post the idea just in case ...

Henry

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0.0
percent Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no hidden
fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the credit you deserve.
Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at