Re: [unrev-II] Organizing Information

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 17:05:25 PST

From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

altintdev@webtv.net wrote:

> As a way of organizing the information, how about thinking of the
> content in three catagories: 1. Experience, 2. Knowledge, 3. Learning.
>
> 1. Experience. This contains information relatively raw data and
> observations. It is indexed and cross referenced by the useres and
> originators of the information.
>
> 2. Knowledge. These are proven 'facts' and supporting data. This
> content
> is indexed and cataloged using the highest level tools available.
>
> 3. Learning. This contains turorials and structured materials used for
> organized learning about Experience and Knowledge topics. This content
> is indexed and cross refrenced by the authors and users of the
> material.
>
> So, an element of information might begin its career as a documented
> Experience, becoming incorporated into a Knowledge fact, and finally
> becoming incorporated into a guided Learning experience.

Certainly feasible. It's a way to begin thinking about a "knowledge"
repository. The reference list includes quite a few papers on knowledge
representation, do any of them shed any light on this possibility?

More importantly, what is the relationship between "knowledge" (where
we want to be focusing our efforts in a year or two, and "documents"
(where we will be focusing our efforts in the immediate future).

What aspects of a document/email system will expedite the development
of a future knwoledge repository? Are the any particular limitations
we need to avoid?

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/912/0/_/_/_/951106631/