Re: [unrev-II] XML limits

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 16:05:39 PDT

    Paul Fernhout wrote:

    > The short answer is to at least start with William Kent's ROSE/STAR
    > model defined in his book "Data & Reality" implemented in whatever
    > programming language.
    > http://www.bkent.net/
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~billkent/catalogmain.htm#TOPICS IN SEMANTIC
    > MODELLING

    Many papers here. Most seem about one small aspect of the problem.
    Is there a paper here that ties things together?

    > For something even easier, just start with some tuple-space system
    > http://www.cs.yale.edu/Linda/linda.html

    Virtually all the links on this page are broken.
    The one that worked was for a "Dvi" file that seems to contain TeX data.

    > or like IBM's T-spaces. http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/TSpaces/
    > Gelernter of Linda is the same guy who is involed with LifeStreams.

    Got these.

    > http://www.psych.indiana.edu/cogsci/hofstadter.html

    This one is a book. TOC indicates a wide range of topics. Is it as
    readable as Godel, Escher, and Bach? I'm thinking that Minsky's work
    would be a lot more understandable. Or did you find this book to be
    really that valuable (and understandable)?

    PERFORM CPR ON YOUR APR!
    Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
    Apply NOW!